Friday, July 16, 2021

Best of North Atlanta & Grey Sole Specials

 

Hey Y'all,

Last week when I wrote about some myths regarding oysters, a few people contacted me to ask why I didn't include the obvious myth.I am not going to publicly shame anyone on this forum by calling you out by name (you know who you are). If you don't know the obvious myth they are referring to, I will not tarnish your purity by mentioning it here. Besides, I only included the myths I was sure were untrue...

Royal Red Shrimp -in our freezer now!
All hail Royal Reds, the crimson shrimp that taste like lobster and scallops, the crown jewel of Gulf shrimp (a direct quote from SouthernLiving.com). You can use reds in any shrimp recipe, but they deserve to be featured in ways that showcase their naturally briny flavor and rich, buttery meat that’s comparable to lobster and bay scallops. Connoisseurs say that the best way to enjoy these robust shrimp is steamed or grilled in their shells, accompanied by nothing more than melted butter, a big stack of napkins, and an icy cold beverage. We have them in our freezers for only for $15.99/lb for 31/36 ct. peeled and deveined, while supplies last - these will sell fast!!
Fin Mail
From Bill W.
Kathleen:
Just wanted to let you know what a great staff you have at the Brookhaven location. They are courteous, knowledgeable, and answer any question I have regarding your stock on hand. I’ve had the grab and go dinner a number of times now. Each one the fish was fresh, delicious, and enjoyed immensely.
I had a condo in Destin for over 20 years. My favorite place there was the Destin Fish Market. My question was always “what came in this morning?”.
Your place reminds me of that, great fresh fish.

Oil or No Oil?
Apparently last week's email sparked some picketing from Julia Child herself as our recipe was not classically French! Traditionally, mignonette is made with shallot, vinegar, and peppercorn. Possibly adding oil from our recipe may make the already rich and fatty oysters too rich. Do you have a favorite mignonette recipe? Let's take a poll - you pick!
Oil in Mignonette Recipe or Not?
Yes, it's fun to try new things!
No, I signed that petition Julia Child started.
I have no knowledge of this so either is fine!
Best of North Atlanta 2021 Nomination
GO VOTE RIGHT NOW! Now, yes, RIGHT NOW Best of North Atlanta Voting. Voting ends 08/15/2021.
Special Until 07/15:
WHILE SUPPLIES LAST

Grey Sole for $15.99/lb

Catch-To-Go This Week
Until Sunday, we'll have our Honey Jalapeno Salmon with Corn and Black Bean Salad over Greens (pictured below).
Next week's is Corvina w/ Summer Succotash and Caper Salsa Verde.
And Finally
I hope you love shopping with me as much as I love being here for you. It's a great compliment to see you all in my stores day after day and know that you are enjoying the fruits of all of our hard work. We are not perfect - things go awry every day - but please know that we are doing our very best to bring you the very best. Have a great weekend!

Blessings,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment