Hey Y'all,
Yesterday afternoon I was painting my garage as if I didn't have one hundred other things to do. I heard the school bus pull up and my 14 year old neighbor, Savannah yell "have a great summer!" to the driver. As she came by my house she was singing and dancing what my dad would call a jig. When she saw me she stopped and looked a little sheepish. I said, "Is it over?" A huge smile came over her face and she said YES!!! And off she went dancing her way into the joys of summer.

The Salmon Scoop
Last week I wrote about the life cycle of the wild salmon and this week I thought you might like to know a little info on the different species of salmon you will see in my markets. Three are wild caught Pacific salmon and one is farm raised Atlantic salmon.

King/Chinook
The largest and least abundant of the salmons is the Chinook salmon, named after a native tribe along the Columbia River. We know them as king salmon because they can grow to be huge! Many think the Chinook is the very best tasting salmon; there is a reason why they call it king! The meaty fish has a pure buttery flavor and ample fat and cooks beautifully over a charcoal fire.