Friday, January 15, 2021

Valentine's Day Coming

 

Hey Y'all,

I'm getting tired of my mask so I am thinking of as many good reasons I can (besides the obvious) to wear it.

  1. No need for makeup on your face, just do the eyes.
  2. No need to cover your mouth when you sneeze.
  3. Now you only need to smile with your eyes so if you don't mean it, no one can tell.
  4. A mask in the winter helps your breath warm your face.
  5. It's okay to have onions with your lunch because only you can smell your breath.

Send me your ideas on how to stay positive about mask wearing. I will pass on as many as I get.

Fin Mail (aka Tooting My Fishy Horn):
Last week's poll generated a lot of flattering email. Thank you so much for all the fun and encouraging notes you sent!

From Andrea Carroll - My experience with the John’s Creek store was excellent. Your staff does their very best for me throughout the whole year. I was amazed at the amount of volume y’all were doing on Tues when I was there to pick up for my Christmas Eve dinner. Great experience. During this crazy Covid year, y’all have been a life line for me. An essential business as far as I am concerned. When I didn’t want to venture into the grocery early on or other food choices were limited, you were open and sustained us, literally! We eat fish at least 3-4 times a week, anyway, but your store and staff was especially important to us this year. I am thankful y’all were able to remain open and get shipments from your suppliers . 

From Richard Loehn – Since you were closed Christmas Day, one of your customers could not wait for you to open and really wanted some fresh fish (See this funny video here ).

Valentine's Day is Around the Corner
Just as soon as we recover from the Christmas holidays we are right into planning Valentines Day. Believe it or not Valentine's Day is one of the busiest days of the year for us. Why? In a normal year, I would be explaining to you why buying our prix fixe oven ready meal is much better than getting a late night reservation at a crowded restaurant. I'm pretty sure that this year I don't have to tell you why you should avoid crowded restaurants. Many restaurants have limited seating so that you can maintain proper distancing so it might be very difficult to get a reservation even if you wanted to.

How about joining Catch customers for a pre-ordered, simple-to-prepare three course meal to be eaten with your Valentine at home with your favorite wine to linger over and your favorite music playing softly in the background?

We've been doing this meal for years now and it has made Valentine's Day one of our top 3 sales days of the year. It's so simple. You pay in advance for your meal and then stop by to pick it up on Valentine's Day. It's already packaged and ready to go. Check back next week for the fully updated menu and ordering instructions!
Customer Recipe Feature:

Hi Kathleen,

I hope you had a great Christmas!! I finally added my Branzino recipe to my blog and wanted to share it with you. It is so tasty.
I think many people are not aware how simple it is to prepare it so I thought you might want to share it. 
Thank you,
Shoshy Roback

You can find the link to her blog and the recipe here .


Specials This Week:
It's the 2nd round of the NFL playoffs this weekend! Is your team still in the running to go to the Big Game? Check out these specials starting this weekend that will have everyone feeling like a winner!

21/25 count GA White Shrimp for $12.99/lb

26/30 count GA White Shrimp for $11.99/lb

21/25 GA Peeled & Deveined Shrimp for $15.99/lb

Catch-To-Go This Week
Available until Sunday, we have a delicious Tuna & Veggie Casserole made with yellowfin tuna, broccoli, onions, mushrooms, and celery. Pictured below!
Starting Monday, we'll have a Red Grouper baked in a cilantro jalapeno marinade served with southwest-style potatoes and broccoli tossed in a chili lime sauce
And Finally
School is out in Cherokee County this week and next so I have one of my grandsons staying with me to do his school work from home. He is almost 10 years old. I remember his age because he was born just before we opened the first location in Johns Creek on May 5, 2011.
Now he is in 4th grade and I can't hold him on my hip anymore, but I will always hold him in my heart. Just when the mask-wearing begins to get to you and the sad COVID news starts to overwhelm you, look at the kids. They can bring so much happiness and help us to remain confident in the light at the end of the tunnel. Keep your chin up and have a great weekend.

Blessings,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment