Friday, May 7, 2021

Fresh Shrimp, BOGO, and Chopped!

 

Hey Y'all,

We have so much to fill you in on this week: Mother's Day, Anniversary Party, Fresh Shrimp, BOGO, Chopped and a story about my dog!
Mother's Day Gifts
When you stop in to pick up your Mother's Day fish, check out the selection of items that we have for last minute gift ideas. We have The Rustic House candles, Euroscrubby products, Bates Family Farm lotions, and more! You could also purchase a gift card so mom can pick out exactly what she wants.

BOGO Tuna Salad Sandwich
Starting today (05/07) until next Friday (05/14), we're having a buy one get one free on our Tuna Salad Sandwich! Our tuna salad sandwich is made with fresh yellowfin tuna, seafood seasonings, lemon, celery, onion, and green apple. It's SO yummy and a great out-of-the-box lunch option for just $7.99! *while supplies last, 1 BOGO per customer per visit*
Party Party Party!
Our birthday party is May 15th from 12:30 PM until 3 PM at our Johns Creek location. That's a week from now! If weather permits, we will have a parking lot soire that is worthy of a 10 year anniversary. See you there!

Special This Week (through Thurs. 05/13):
Fresh Georgia Shrimp is BACK! Right out of the gate we are able to offer a great price on these sweet, beautiful shrimp as the boats are bringing in nice catches of 26/30 count. And below is a recipe from a TV star to boot...


Fresh 26/30 GA Shrimp:

$12.99/lb

Here's a great shrimp scampi recipe brought to you by Chef Jon!

*Fun fact: National Shrimp Day is Monday, May 10th!*
Cooking with Chef Jon
This week, Chef Jon shows you how to devein a shrimp with just a fork! You can view the video here. He also has been keeping a little secret that he finally shared on his social media pages yesterday! In case you missed it, here's his announcement: (We are soooooo proud!)

Today you get happy chef because I’m very excited to announce that on June 1st at 9PM est/pst I will be appearing on @foodnetwork #Chopped! It was an amazing experience and I had an absolute blast competing with some of the best chefs I have met both professionally and personally.
Tune in June 1st to @foodnetwork for #chopped at 9:00pm est/pst and watch me compete, how will I fair in the heat of the #chopped kitchen?!! Tune in to find out!
Catch-To-Go This Week
Parmesan Mustard Corvina with Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes.
Next week's Catch to Go is Haddock with Summer Succotash and Caper Salsa Verde.
And Finally
This story isn't about fish so if you are not interested in a dog story you can go on about your business now.

My dog grew a giant cyst-like thing on his side and I was worried. I know it happens to dogs often but just to sure he was fine I took him to the vet where they removed a sample and sent it off to UGA for testing.

Two days later I got the bad news. It was cancer and needed to be removed. In addition to taking the big lump, they would need to remove 2 inches on either side to make sure they got it all. The large bandages wound all the way around him would have to stay on until the wound healed.

I thought about it, prayed about it, meditated about it, wore out everyone I know talking about it and finally decided that I loved my dog too much to do it. I said no to the surgery.

We spent two days sitting quietly on the sofa. I was very sad. I tried not to think about not having him to force me out for walks, not having him to talk to when I was alone in the house. I wondered how long I would have him in my life.

I noticed that Nemo was slowing down and not his usual perky self. He seemed tired and sick. I was preparing for the worst. He had moments when he rallied but they didn't last long. He quickly came back to quietly sit with me on the sofa.

Then I noticed that his rallies happened when other people were in the house. It seemed like he fed off their energy. That gave me an idea. I tried cheering up and acting normally and guess what. Nemo got better right away.

Nemo was only sad and tired because I was sad and tired, not because he was feeling bad. Once I started giving out positive messages to him, he cheered up right away.

Years later Nemo is healthy and happy with no sign of cancer in his bloodwork. What did I learn from this?

Lesson Number One : never give up

Lesson Number Two: lab tests are sometimes wrong.

Lesson Number Three: you can change the world around you by changing the way you see it.

Put on a smile this weekend and enjoy your dog. He will thank you for it.

Blessings,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment