Friday, April 9, 2021

Monkfish & Good Day Atlanta

 

Hey Y'all,

So I did this thing last Monday - something I have never done before. I didn't sleep the night before I did it and I nearly threw up when it was over, but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

Click here to see the reason for my nervous stomach.

Yes, that's me with super nice Paul Milliken from Good Day Atlanta, talking fish and shucking oysters. As most of you probably know and regret, I can talk all day about fish and sustainability and farmed vs wild and why I love the seafood business. It's not as easy on camera but I loved the opportunity to show the city what fresh fish really looks like and to plug my new store in Brookhaven.

One of my favorite parts of the show was when I got to promote other small local businesses that I support. I bragged on Circle A LettuceBeautiful Briny SeaThe Spotted Trotter, and Banner Butter. I don't just love these products because they are local; they are all incredible additions to my culinary experience.

Speaking of small businesses, we are also promoting these gorgeous cheese boards from Joelle & Jane Designs. Maybe it's enough to layout your charcuterie and such on your Corelle unbreakable dinnerware, but if you are looking for something more enticing, take a look at these whimsical and classic boards. They can create something special just for you.
Wine Tasting at Brookhaven

Here we are at our impromptu tasting last weekend. It was a good practice run, so now we are ready to invite you to join us at the Brookhaven location for an honest to goodness wine tasting on Saturday (tomorrow) from 3-5 pm. You will have to wear your masks so bring a straw. (LOL - just kidding. You do have to wear your masks but you can tug it down to take a sip.)

Johns Creek and Milton customers are welcome! Please stop by to see our new store and "catch" up with us!

On Deck with Kathleen's Catch
Did you know that all our recipes and cooking tips are archived in our On Deck with Kathleen's Catch blog? If you ever want to go back for recipes or cooking tips, you can access the blog here or by the banner at the bottom of this email. Type what you are looking for in the search at the top. It's updated when we send the weekly email and is very easy to access. Let me know if you need more pictures of my grandchildren or my dogs added to it. I will happily comply.
Specials This Week
(through Thurs. 04/15):

Monkfish portions for $6.50/each

Rainbow Trout for $12.50/lb

This recipe is the answer to the age old question, "How the heck do I cook rainbow trout?"


You are welcome.
Chef Jon is an old friend of the Catch and we have collaborated on several projects over the years. He is truly a master in the kitchen and when he sends me a recipe I am absolutely confident that it will be a winner. Monkfish is a favorite fish of Jon's and if you would like, it could soon be your fav too. It is actually the tail of the ugliest fish in the sea.
It is the ugliest fish but possibly the tastiest. Chef Jon offers you this recipe to encourage you to cross the bridge from from Ugly to Delicious.


He is working on a video to show you how to prepare this meal and will be posting that on his Instagram. If you are interested (and you should be), follow Jon @chefjonathanbeatty to learn all kinds of cooking tips and recipes.

Catch-To-Go This Week
Available until Sunday, we have Honey Mustard Salmon with Green Beans and Herb Roasted Red Potatoes.
Starting Monday, we'll have Rainbow Trout topped with Caper Lemon Sauce and a Fingerling Potato Medley.
And Finally
I've been going around thinking it was going to rain every day this week. I wish I hadn't spent so much time dreading weather since it turned out to be a fine week. It's kind of like my Monday morning experience. I spent a few days in total dread, but it arguably turned out just fine - at least good enough for me. I didn't get completely tongue-tied. I didn't trip and fall. I didn't accidentally spit on anyone or anything.

It might have been divine intervention but that's okay. I'll take all the help I can get.

So about this weekend... don't worry. It's going to turn out just fine.

Blessings,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment